[thelist] converting emails to database

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Fri Jan 16 17:07:42 CST 2004

At 03:23 PM 1/16/2004, Maisha Walker wrote:

>Does anyone have any suggestions for where to go to get a script or tool
>that would automate this conversion process?  I really don't want (me or
>anyone else) to have to manually copy and paste the data from each email!

Either install ActiveState Perl in your local box and use that to parse
each email into a comma separated file. Or use VBS to parse (much less
elegant regex). Once you have a CSV file you can shove into your db much
faster.

Depending upon your DB, you could use Perl/PHP/VBS/.Net to parse and shove
into the DB in one pass.