Outlook Web Access nonsense: what's the open source alternative? (wasRE: [thelist] Re: long long semi-rant about why this keeps happening)

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Sun Jan 18 20:54:46 CST 2004

I just tested our OWA (Exchange 2003 Server), and it doesn't send mail as
content-transfer-encoding: base64

Cheers
Ken

From: "Joel D Canfield" <joel at spinhead.com>
Subject: Outlook Web Access nonsense: what's the open source alternative?
(wasRE: [thelist] Re: long long semi-rant about why this keeps happening)

> <rant>Those of us who get the Digest would appreciate posts not being
> base64-encoded (or HTML, for that matter). Yes, I wrote my own
> encoder/decoder that I use for spam investigations, but I
> shouldn't have to rely on it to read thelist.</rant>

Apologies. I thought I had resolved this problem with my Outlook Web
Access, but apparently not. I'll knock it off. It's pretty ugly. (Can I
say 'pretty ugly'?)

I'm creating a project plan to migrate my home office *completely* away
from Microsoft technologies. For those of you who do so, when you need
to access the mail on your own mail server from a remote location, how
do you do so?

joel