[thelist] ASP.NET Errors

Walter Hemingway walt at medianetwork.ws
Mon Jan 19 18:46:34 CST 2004

Hey folks!!! When I am trying to run my asp.net pages, here is one of
the errors I get:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------

Configuration Error
file required to service this request. Please review the specific error
details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This
error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an
application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 9:  		<system.web>
Line 10:         <customErrors mode="Off" />
Line 11: 		    <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 12:                     <forms name=".ASPXAUTH"
loginUrl="admin/login.aspx"/>
Line 13:              </authentication>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dwmxaspdotnet\chapter9\web.config
Line: 11

--------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573;
ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

Any help out there? I am just getting started with ASP.Net and have no
clue...Thanx a lot!!!

Peace, Love & Nappiness
Walt
(803)748-8594 off