[thelist] Mail hijacking

Aaron Wormus aaron at wormus.com
Tue Jan 20 02:25:32 CST 2004

You got "Joe Jobbed". I've had that happen several times :) one time I
was getting emails in at over 1000 a minute. I had a catch all address,
and they had made the return addresses on their spam
<randomname>@myserver.com. So I was getting a LOT of email. I shut that
catch all addy, and it cut the spam way down. Still trickled in through
legit addresses for a few weeks. For the first few days I just sat at
the terminal deleting all the spam as it came in.

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node=Joe%20Job
http://www.techtv.com/news/culture/story/0,24195,3415219,00.html