[thelist] Arrow Keys and Tabindex

Bill Creswell BillC at VanEerden.com
Thu Jan 22 11:55:09 CST 2004

My boss would like me to design our web order entry screen to use the up
and down arrow keys to go through the tab index.
Down is no problem, I map 40 and 13 on keypress as 9, but is there a way
to go backwards through the tabindex? In otherwords, to go up through
the form?

I imagine that the only way is to trap the form index and increment
backwards, but I am not sure how to do this.

Also, does this go against essential browser functions?
(My page has a table inside a scrolling div, keeping the page height at
browser height.)

Bill Creswell
Helpdesk/Webmaster
Van Eerden Distribution