[thelist] Is a Websites a product or an entity? (was My 12 year old son can do Websites)

Scott wolpow scott at wolpow.com
Fri Jan 23 16:02:33 CST 2004

Actually it relates more to the mundanes who use wizards and think they are
designers.

I was planning the IA of a very difficult site. At the same time teaching
myself flash for the intro page (Forgive me it was 1999). He called me into
his office and told me that "he does not see why it is taking me so long"
He had bought software and was able to create a site over the weekend.  I
laughed and said "what did you do buy FP and us the wizard?"
That's what he did. BTW he also called someone who he respected and asked
if he should hire a designer that used FP. The guy said that no real
designer uses FP.

Bottom line is most have no idea there is code under all the pages. They
only care about the look and generally wowed by glitz.
Scott Wolpow