[thelist] MS FrontPage Ad

Jeniffer C. Johnson lead at offlead.com
Sun Jan 25 23:54:19 CST 2004

At 02:05 PM 1/25/2004, John C Bullas wrote:
>At 18:48 25/01/2004, you wrote
>>At 12:28 PM 1/25/2004, John C Bullas wrote:
>>
>>>At last a version of FP where you don't need "Help"?
>>>
>>>Anyone strip out the individual GIF images from the animation
>>>for deeper inspection? (attached as ZIP for Jane only)
>>

>>Ahahaha....I hadn't done that, but boy am I glad you did. That makes it
>>even funnier! See the Dreamweaver code snippet used?
>
>which frame?

Hehe...any of the frames which show the "messy" code, with lines
overlapping. Look carefully, and you'll note repeated instances of
MM_  prefixes to js stuff. This is Dreamweaver-produced code, if I'm not
mistaken. (At least, it looks like the js I've seen DW produce. *G*)

For anyone who hasn't seen this, it's an ad for the new FP, saying
something about it being more professional, and producing cleaner code. Of
course, the "clean" code produced is missing one word from the copy itself
(the word "help", ironically enough), appears to be missing one closing and
one opening paragraph tag (assuming that there should be three paragraphs
instead of two...it would certainly make more sense what with the line
breaks they've got in there), and of course uses the bold element rather
than the strong element, which while not INcorrect, certainly doesn't seem
to hold with current "best practices". Got a real laugh out of me this
morning when I spotted it online. :-)

Jeniffer