[thelist] CSS (IE and NE)

help eachother e.help at caramail.com
Mon Jan 26 08:35:50 CST 2004

 Hi,

I want my site to be supported at least by Internet Explorer and Netscape.

I'm using CSS but the problem is that the result is opposite from one navigator to an other. For example the
code below gives an horizontal menu with left and right borders in IE6.2 with no borders in IE4 and is displayed
in a vertical strange manner in NE4.5 and NE4.7.

So please if you know about online guides specific to netscape and others specific to Internet explorer let me
know. This way i can write two codes; each one for a navigator. Or if there is a site which gives only the
common things but can do the same results.

An other question is why i have a left border displayed instead of:
   div.banner a:first-child {   border-left: none;}

Here is the code:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE> Menu </TITLE>

div.banner {
  text-align: center;
  background: #7093DB;
  height: 2em;

}
div.banner p {
  margin-top: 0.5em;
  margin-bottom: 0.5em;
}

div.banner a {
   border-left-style: solid;
   border-left-width: thin;
   padding-left: 0.5em;
   padding-right: 0.5em;
   color: black;
}

div.banner a:first-child {
   border-left: none;
}

div.banner a:link { color: black }
div.banner a:visited { color: white }
div.banner a:hover { background: #5959AB; color: white }

</HEAD>

<BODY>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Pour gagner une Playstation 2, envoyez un SMS avec le code PS au 61321 (0,35 euro hors coût du SMS).