[thelist] Strange IE Permission Issue...

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 07:21:50 CST 2004

Hi Folks,

I just went to go under Tools > Internet Options to clear my cache,
and I got a strange permissions error saying I can't access it!?

It says "contact the administrator" yet I am the only user on this
home PC. See the error here:

http://www.pixelmech.com/review/restrict.gif

I believe I had just yesterday accessed this. I can't think of any
changes I might have made to bring this on.

Has anyone ever seen this or know of a way to deal with this?

Thanks

Tom

<tip type="css" author="pixelmech">

If you want to avoid the "box model hack" with IE and use absolute
widths on  your elements, avoid setting padding and margins. Instead,
use P decender paddings/margins to give yourself room like so:

#leftSide P { padding: 6px 20px; }

With #leftSide being say 500px fixed width, it will show up fine in
all browsers. Then the P declaration will give you 6 pixels on top
and bottom and 20 pixels on left and right, giving you the white
space you need.

</tip>

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: JavaScript Author / Every Friday!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ :: Eternal Life

[Those who say that I am finished, and am through, will have to run over my dead body to beat me...]