[thelist] Re: Boolean and asp and access

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Tue Jan 27 18:22:20 CST 2004

Hi,

I suggest you cut-n-paste the SQL statement you have into the Access Query
Building (Query -> New Query in Design Mode -> SQL view) and attempt to run
it. Access should highlight where it's having a problem processing the
statement.

I have just tried running a similar statement against a table with "yes/no"
fields, and I have no problems updating the table using "true", "false", or
0/-1

Otherwise, can you send me a copy (offlist) of your DB (without data) or a
CREATE TABLE statement so I can recreate your table in an Access database at
my end.

Cheers
Ken

Microsoft MVP - Windows Server (IIS)

From: "Lightning" <oktellme at earthlink.net>
Subject: [thelist] Re: Boolean and asp and access

: this is my sql statemnt as is is being created by ASP.
: It was working till I added the boolean field (which is REGISTER).
:
: I have also tried to plunk in YES, No, 1, -1, +1, 0, -0, +0 ... all with
: same results.
:
: Error message is "Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80040E57)
: The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add.
: Try inserting or pasting less data." - even when giving it the numbers!
:
: update activityTable set event=' Computer Class ' , eventType='Class' ,
: Instructor= 19 , InstructorAlt= 1 , Description= ' Entry level. Classes
are
: very small. Pre-registration is required ', Duration=2 , Register=True,
: Location= 'Buzzell Snr Center' , Frequency= 'Weekly' where activityId = 11
;
:
: Laura