[thelist] Re: Boolean and asp and access

Gary McPherson lists at ingenyus.net
Tue Jan 27 18:41:39 CST 2004

Lightning wrote:

>this is my sql statemnt as is is being created by ASP.
>It was working till I added the boolean field (which is REGISTER).
>
>update activityTable set event=' Computer Class ' , eventType='Class' ,
>Instructor= 19 , InstructorAlt= 1 , Description= ' Entry level. Classes are
>very small. Pre-registration is required ', Duration=2 , Register=True,
>Location= 'Buzzell Snr Center' , Frequency= 'Weekly' where activityId = 11 ;
>
>Laura

Might sound like a no-brainer, but is that query provided exactly as it
is executed? If you're providing what you expect to see and not
outputting the exact query being run, you should check that there are no
quotes where you don't want them. Also, I'd suggest you double-check
your field definitions - if you haven't been using the same _data_ for
every test query, another field might well be at fault. The Description
field seems a possible culprit - assuming you used a text type and
didn't change the default length, the value you've provided would
produce that precise error message.

Hope that helps,

Gary