[thelist] XML or SQL?

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Jan 28 23:34:26 CST 2004

From: "Gary McPherson" <lists at ingenyus.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 12:26 AM

> Thanks, Joshua - I like the sound of that (even though I was spooked by
> the term "non-directed cyclic graph"! :-D) and it's definitely the
> option I'll continue to investigate. Out of curiousity, is there any
> specific reason the app should be built in C/C++ as opposed to any other
> development language, e.g. VB, .NET, etc?

There's probably no real reason to favor c/c++ over VB or .NET.  My
experience has been that when something needs to run really REALLY fast, the
best option is typically c/c++, which is why I naturally lean that
direction.  The desparity has probably been closed in recent years, so you
are probably right to question my bias.

> Thanks again,

You're welcome.

Joshua Olson