[thelist] Page check - Mac users, please

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Thu Jan 29 10:38:25 CST 2004

It works fine in Safari 1.1.1 (which only comes with OS 10.3, so I
would assume that your friend has OS 10.2 and Safari 1.0)

In IE Mac, I reproduced the problem.  There are two ways of fixing it,
take your pick:

Remove this from the stylesheet...

#symprod {
	position : absolute;
	top : 135px;
}

Or, use this...

td#sp {
	position: relative;   /* new line */
	padding: 10% 1% 50% 0;
	vertical-align : top;
}

#symprod {
	position : absolute;
	top : 135px;
	left: 0px;   /* new line */
}

The second one works because in some browsers, Absolute positioning
does not work right unless the element is inside an element that is
also positioned.  Adding "position: relative;" does not change the
position of the surrounding box unless you specify  top, left, etc....

Regards,
Steve