[thelist] Re: Accessibility and alt text

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 29 19:08:51 CST 2004

I've had the opposite problem. Images that are necessary to convey the
information, but no way on earth can I describe them. Such an image
might include something like a topographic map. I could probably put
the longitude and latitude in the alt attribute, but that's not nearly
enough to describe the image.

A related problem that I've also had is that sometimes I want a
descriptive alt attribute, but the text would be too long for the space
the image is in if the image were missing.

Not sure how to solve that, unless, do search engines read the content
of the title attribute?

On Tuesday, January 27, 2004, at 05:59 PM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

> Accessibility and alt text
***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown