[thelist] Re: Accessibility and alt text

Stuart Young syoung at unitec.ac.nz
Thu Jan 29 20:10:57 CST 2004

dianesoini at earthlink.net 30/01/2004 14:08:51 >
----------------------------
A related problem that I've also had is that sometimes I want a
descriptive alt attribute, but the text would be too long for the space
the image is in if the image were missing.

this is what the LONGDESC attribute is for...
http://bobby.watchfire.com/bobby/html/en/gls/g99.html

cheers

Dr Stuart Young,       +64 (0)9-815 4321 Ex 8656
<syoung at unitec.ac.nz>
Lecturer, School of Computing and Information Technology,
UNITEC Institute of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand
http://hyperdisc.unitec.ac.nz/staff/syoung.htm
I would provide a URL for my official staffpage, but its too long and complex