[thelist] Hand Coding vs. WYSIWYGs [was 12yr old]

Ken Moore psm2713 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 29 21:27:15 CST 2004

Hi all,

(Thanks to Paul for the back up.)

Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:

>I'm not sure what you mean. Choices demand context. Are you saying
>hand-coding is clearly correct? Or are you saying something else?

Yes, you are right. Hand coding is clearly the best way to go if you have
the resources - time, money, and people - to do it right. But you were also
right that choices demand context. Lacking those resources something -
quality, speed, or price - has to give. Usually it is quality.

You and I are not disagreeing. We just come from different "contexts" is
all.

Ken