[thelist] Does my client have the MyDoom virus?

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Fri Jan 30 12:39:31 CST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anthony Baratta" <anthony at baratta.com>
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 12:15 PM

> Most of the email headers are spoofed. Make sure you check the headers and
> see if the email actually came from your client.

Understood.  The odd thing is that, even if the headers were spoofed and the
sender email was completely random, what are the odds that the random or
spoofed sender address would be my client?

The only scenario I could think of would be that a mutual acquaintance has
the virus and it picked my client randomly as the sender from their address
book.  Does that seem consistent with MyDoom?

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/service_areas/