[thelist] Database merge with a gif

Scott wolpow scott at netalytical.com
Mon Feb 2 06:08:07 CST 2004

First the correct URL
http://www.publiccto.com/Search_Engine_Optimization.pdf
I hope this clarifies things.
It is for an Ebay banner ad, that goes on Ebay. I have zero choices. Here
is the exact situation.
They have a banner program the runs of keywords. You can target your a
banner to a specific keyword. You can upload your own gif -both animated or
static- or use their template. If you use their ugly template which is
in  flash the keyword (s)appears in the banner.  The only option that works
is to create a different banner for each keyword. I had hoped that
Photoshop had a similar function that Pagemaker had. This would allow a
template to be made and then insert text into a defined area from a CSV. I
would then use the automated script process to generate the finished gif.
I know that I can use Flash remoting for this (and create an animated gif),
but I am not skilled enough at Flash. Also I do not if there is a simpler way.
  Thanks
Scott