[thelist] Calling a sproc from VB

Tab Alleman Tab.Alleman at MetroGuide.com
Tue Feb 3 08:35:50 CST 2004

Ken Schaefer wrote:
> After calling cmd.Execute you need to update the value of your
> spResultStr variable to reflect the value that the output parameter
> currently holds:
>
> <%
> spResultStr = cmd.Parameters("@ResultStr").Value
> %>

Yep, this was it...thanks.

> Also, you don't need spResultStr in:
> .Parameters.Append cmd.CreateParameter("@ResultStr", adVarChar,
> adParamOutput, 5000, spResultStr)

I tried taking off the last 2 parameters, and it gave me a "missing
parameters" error, so I put them back.  Did I need to leave in the
commas?  Like:

> .Parameters.Append cmd.CreateParameter("@ResultStr", adVarChar,
> adParamOutput, , )

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content **