[thelist] robots and the whitehouse.gov site

Chris Beaumont chris at ncafe.com
Mon Feb 2 23:49:06 CST 2004

Its possible that an entity might want to prevent cached content, say
on Google or Archive.org's "Wayback Machine"  from being compared to
current content,
because that can indicate some things which might be embarassing.

For example, the White House has been systematically trying to get
Internet outlets to remove specific pieces of information that show
past White House policies and speeches on various things, notably Iraq.

For example, see this URL:

http://www.thememoryhole.org/pol/iraq-combat/

There are more examples..many of them, unfortunately...