[thelist] dedicated server hosting

Javed Alam jalam at cc.ysu.edu
Tue Feb 3 20:09:11 CST 2004

Peter

I have been researching this myself for a while and found the following
webhosting companies to be low on prices:

http://www.1and1.com
http://www.server4you.com
http://www.serverpronto.com/

I have not used any of these services so I can not tell you for sure how
they are. However, they are offering dedicated server almost at half
price as compared to an average price of $100/month.

regards

Javed

PS: I  am trying a virtual linux hosting service that gives you the root
access that is almost the same thing as having a dedicated server and it
is using debian linux. The person I am in contact with at this service
is Peter
and his e-mail address is

ph at korypet.de

So far he has been very helpful and prompt in every respect.

--

*Javed Alam, *Ph.D.

*Professor*

*Civil/Environmental/Chemical Engineering Department*

Youngstown State University

Youngstown, Ohio 44555

Phone 330-941-3029

Fax     330-941-3265

e-mail jalam at cc.ysu.edu <mailto:jalam at cc.ysu.edu>

web: http://www.eng.ysu.edu/~jalam/ <http://www.eng.ysu.edu/%7Ejalam/>

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be
their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives.
A popular government without popular information or the means of
acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both."
  - James Madison /(Fourth President of the United States)/
<http://opengov1.media.mit.edu/>

"Facts are stupid things..."
  - Ronald Reagan /(40th President of the United States)/
<http://opengov1.media.mit.edu/>