[thelist] streaming video on a webpage

Andrew andrew at humanbehaviour.co.uk
Wed Feb 4 03:17:28 CST 2004

>> I've been requested to look into providing a conference facility
>where video is
>> steamed into a website and not through windows media player.  Is there such a
>> solution for this?
>
>A big thing is going to be the format of the video itself.
>
>You could make it java applet based (much like streaming webcams are),
>and I'd be willing to be that there are some flash libraries that will
>make a swf out of it as well.

I guess I hadn't considered the video format so I had better do some searches :)

The closest thing I have found without a media player is:
http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/livelennon.html  but I am not
totally sure this is 'live' plus there is a lag in the streaming even with
broadband :(

If anyone has any examples of live streams and a walk through with the setup
that would be great.

Andrew