[thelist] Flash Question

Peter Loron peterl at standingwave.org
Wed Feb 4 13:00:22 CST 2004

Question for you Flash gurus out there: I've got a really simple Flash
animation that loops forever. No problem, that part works. What I would
like to have in one corner of the movie is a timeclock showing the total
elapsed time since the movie first started playing. I don't want the
clock to reset at the beginning of the loop.  I'm hoping I can do this
with some kind of global variable to hold the time and some kind of
"update the clock display" function that isn't stuck in each frame. If
there is a good reference for this sort of thing or an online example,
being pointed at that would kick ass.

Thanks!

-Pete