[thelist] Handling external links with JS

Toby Mills toby at tobymills.com
Thu Feb 5 11:37:54 CST 2004

I mentioned the depreciation of the target property because your code looked
like it used it: anchors[i].setAttribute("target","_blank");

I find that by doing <a href='http://siteurl' onclick="return
And then having a function newWin which opens a new window and returns false
to prevent the event from loading in that window.

Just a thought.

What's the rest of your code? I tried the solution I posted on one of my asp
pages as:
	if(window.location.href.toLowerCase().indexOf(".asp") >= 0){
		alert('ASP Page')
and that worked fine.

toby mills
web developer & programmer