[thelist] Website Search Engine Recommendations?

Richard Morris thelist at web-designers.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 15:40:00 CST 2004

I would like to extend the search facility on a web site to include extracts
in context from the returned pages as well as the page titles. Ideally,
there would be a Boolean option and the ability to exclude some folders from
the search.

The server is running Windows 2000 and is hosted with external hosts, so
ideally it should run as ASP or other scripting rather than Perl (I don't
think PHP is installed either).

I seem to recall something like the Google site search with a short, snappy
name?

Any recommendations?

Richard