[thelist] Access Keys

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 6 21:20:50 CST 2004

Hmm. I just realized that access keys interfere with windows keyboard
shortcuts, but not mac because macs don't use the same keys. A plus for
mac. But I don't think you can go completely without a mouse on a mac
like you can on windows. A plus for windows. I never really noticed
that before.

Also, isn't it true that access keys will activate the link for some
browsers and only bring focus for others? And of course they do nothing
for still other browsers.

I suppose that people with motor control difficulties probably make
sure the browser they use supports access keys, but then probably not
many web sites offer them, so maybe not.

***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown