[thelist] Learning XML

David Siedband david at calteg.org
Sun Feb 8 17:40:13 CST 2004

The answer to this question is highly relative to what you want to do
with XML?
I think the best way to learn is in a project specific context.

If you aren't a Java developer than a book with Java examples won't be
very useful.
Try and find a book or tutorials that use XML with languages and
protocols with which you are already familiar.

Do you already use XHTML markup for your web pages?  Maybe start
experimenting with something like XML-RPC or SOAP.
If you define your goals for using XML it will be much easier to plan a
study program to get you there.

--
David