[thelist] google and the studio stitches site

Jane De'Ath janed at oakwebdesign.com.au
Mon Feb 9 06:11:53 CST 2004

Sorry.  Am I being a nuisance?

It is just so frustrating and I cannot find an answer anywhere!

This all started as a little job of adding the Google Search function to the index page as freebie for the client.  I have done that many times before on other sites and it only takes 5 minutes.

It wasn't until the Google Search function was added that the client noticed that the sub-pages did not index on search engines, because the Google Search on the index page could not find any sub-page keywords.

The original site had been index by Google for 18 months or more, and for some reason Google has never indexed the sub-pages.

The hint about adding html index links was a possibility, but I was dubious from the outset as other sites I have worked on use the same java menus and don't have any trouble with Google finding their sub-pages.

Anyway, I won't bother the list with this issue any more, but thanks to all who offered advice.

Regards

Jane