[thelist] LOGON_USER in JSP

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Mon Feb 9 09:45:42 CST 2004

david.landy at somerfield.co.uk wrote:

> Thanks Hassan. I've tried using request.getRemoteUser() in my JSP script but
> it returns null.

Oops, belated realization -- is the "LOGON_USER" you mentioned in
your original mail from some Windows-native authentication? Because
getRemoteUser() being non-null depends on your having authenticated
with Tomcat's own methods.

So how does the LOGON_USER value work in an IE/ASP environment? Is
it passed in an HTTP header? through a cookie? If either, you can
access those, using methods of HttpServletRequest.

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.