[thelist] rollover behaviour

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Tue Feb 10 06:55:47 CST 2004

John,

A few people have already responded to this question, but I want to suggest
a solution that provides a way for non-JS enabled people to follow the back
link as well:

false;">Back</a>

The "return false" in the onclick handler is how you request that the
browser not go to the page in the href attribute.

FYI, You can use a similar trick when you need a popup window:

height=xxx'); return false;" target="_blank">Go to page</a>

This solution is elegant because JS users will get the page in the new
window as expected, and non-JS users will still get a new window as well...
but it simply won't be of the specified width and height.

Best of luck,

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.