[thelist] Google Quirk was [URLs on Stationary without "www."]

dn at dittodesign.co.uk dn at dittodesign.co.uk
Thu Feb 12 06:10:05 CST 2004

Coming in late here, but I thought I'd mention that.
If you promote your site both with and without the www.
you will be doing yourself a diservice, or boosting your
visibility. I'm undecided.

I discovered last year that due to my signing of across
the net with my domain minus the www I had inadvertently
got my site listed twice in Google once with the www
and once without.

http://dittodesign.co.uk

I'm undeceided wether this is a good or bad thing because
1: The same site effectively duplicated  gives me twice the chance it will
be
found.
2: Two lots of seperate traffic will keep my Google PR low.

I found that I had two seperate PR rankings in Google for the two
versions of the site. Things have changed now and they are
both the same. But I can find the site still with and without
the www.

Just something to be aware of.:)

Hmm... just done a quick check in Google and it seems to
have settled down to list only the site with the www.
I may be wrong haven't got time to check properly.
Either way I had two seperate listing for the
same site for over a year.

regards,

Darren Yates
dn at dittodesign.co.uk