[thelist] IIS6 Log Files

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Fri Feb 13 07:27:14 CST 2004

Hi Listees!

Hopefully the lull in the flame war will allow my post to be read and maybe
even answered.  :-)

I am a recent convert to Windows 2003 and IIS6.  I find myself annoyed
(perhaps for stupid reasons) that IIS put so many headers in the log file of
sparsely used sites.  It's almost like after a few minutes of inactivity it
closes the log, just to reopen and append the header at the end of the file
at the next visitor.  It wouldn't be a problem except that
analog/reportmagic report these repeated header lines in the stat report as
"lines without a status code".  Any idea how to make the logging behavior
more similar to IIS5?

Thanks!

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer