[thelist] [PHP] problems encrypting with openssl_seal

Jacques Capesius jacques_capesius at cnt.com
Mon Feb 16 15:30:45 CST 2004

Hi guys,

I'm spinning my wheels trying to do a simple encrypt of a string using the PHP OpenSSL functions.

I have the following line of code.

return openssl_seal($PlainText,$Result['EncryptedData'],$SessionKeys,array($PublicKey));

It's a pretty basic implementation of the function, and it works on the dev server (PHP 4.3.3, linux), but not on my laptop (PHP 4.3.4, Panther).

The problem I'm running into, is that when I try to run it on my powerbook, the line of code shoots up a "can't open page, it could not load any data from this location" error. I'm at a loss to explain why.

Has anybody ever encountered this error when trying to seal data with openSSL, or have any idea as to what might be causing it?

TIA for any advice you can offer.

-jacques :)