[thelist] Apache: Name base VirtualHost Hel[L]p?

DESCHAMPS Stéphane DSI/SICOR stephane.deschamps at francetelecom.com
Wed Feb 18 03:23:05 CST 2004

> Addendum and corrections
>
> ><VirtualHost test.domain_A.com:80>
> >         ServerName test.domain_A.com
> >         DocumentRoot D:\domain_A.com
> ></VirtualHost>
>
> Should read "DocumentRoot D:\htdocs\domain_A.com" and so on.
>
> Also, the error message I get is
>
> [warn] VirtualHost test.domain_A.com:80 overlaps with VirtualHost
> test.domain_B.com:80, the first has precedence, perhaps you need a
> NameVirtualHost directive.
>
> My current is this: NameVirtualHost *:80
>
> I have also used variation of localhost, 127.0.0.1 to replace the *

Hi Frank,

"\" is not a correct folder separator in an apache conf.

Try replacing it with "/" and tell us if it's better.

(educated guess: "\" is not understood at all, or maybe as an escape character, thus your virtual hosts overlap...)

s t e f (aka notabene)
http://evolt.org/user/notabene/22696/
http://www.nota-bene.org/