[thelist] Can you create tags in xhtml?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 12:38:09 CST 2004

--- RUST Randal <RRust at COVANSYS.com> wrote:
> Toby Mills said:
>
> > I thought the whole point of XHTML was to bring HTML inline
> > with XML. I thought one of the big things about XML was its
> > versatility.
>
> Exactly.
>
> "This Recommendation specifies an abstract modularization of XHTML
> and an implementation of the abstraction using XML Document Type
> Definitions (DTDs). This modularization provides a means for
> subsetting and extending XHTML, a feature needed for extending
> XHTML's reach onto emerging platforms.[1]"
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/

Sure, but like SO MANY things - it's not anywhere near where it can
be yet. I've personally not heard of any big projects (that I can
think of) where XHTML has been used in such a way. Doesn't mean it
hasn't been of course.

So far we've got lots and lots of well-formed xhtml validated pages.
But from there, I don't see a whole lot going on.

If you want to be the pioneer - I'll gladly cheer you on though :o)

Tom

=====
http://www.Pixelmech.com/ - read my latest blog posting!
http://www.DMXzone.com/ - JavaScript Author
http://SparklesParties.com - Princess parties for little girls!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ - Eternal Life

"Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then, you will be a mile away from them, and will have their shoes."