[thelist] Re: IE on A German Platform

worte at gmx.at worte at gmx.at
Fri Feb 20 09:41:40 CST 2004

"John Healey" <johnhealey at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> I have developed a browser based call centre application
> specifying IE5.5+ as the browser all has been fine until it
> was ported to Germany where target “_top” seems to be
> ignored with IE on a German language platform
>
> has any body experienced similar problems?

Not sure what you mean by "German language platform", but FWIW I'm running a
German version of IE6 on a German version of Windows 2000 and I have never
experienced this - why should a German language version ignore certain HTML
attributes?

Perhaps you can give us a link to the site in question, or at least a link
to some example code, so we can see what's going on.

Matthias