[thelist] SQL Server Backups

Maximillian Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Fri Feb 20 19:38:48 CST 2004

Anybody have any suggestions for backing up a remote shared-host SQL Server
database?

I have a site with a SQL Server 2000 backend, on a shared host with the
website and the SQL database residing on separate machines.  My client is
getting worried that the hosting provider's daily backups are not sufficient
in case of catastrophe.  It being a shared host, I cannot set up a backup
device, nor do I have any sysadmin rights - or anything close.  I set up a
SQL Server hosting account with another provider, and *tried* to create a
scheduled "Copy Database" task in Enterprise Manager, but apparently that
depends on my local installation of Enterprise Manager to execute.  Ack,
this is so much easier with MySQL and a nice Unix server with Cron!  Anyway,
anyone have input on this?

Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
NeptuneWebworks.com
voice: 541-302-1438