[thelist] Fw: Meta tags and original URL

Alvaro Medina incomt65 at hotpop.com
Sun Feb 22 18:23:58 CST 2004

>    You can add the last modification thing using SSI, sorry, this works
> under Apache Web Servers only:
>
> <!--#flastmod file="yourfile.html" -->

Thanks, but really I wasn't talking about that; I was talking about to put,
maybe as meta data, a tag with the date and original page location,
invisible for display, but visible if one wanted to view the code. Like the
"author" or "generator" metatags.

>   I don't understand your first question, why don't just put a <p> element
saying something like "This page is www.foo.com" ?

Yes, I was thinking maybe to have a hidden paragraph with display:none, so
when the page is viewed offline and the stylesheet is not available, this
info shows up.

The date thing is when the date must not be shown, but it would be useful to
have it somewhere hidden. For example: the Google start page doesnt show the
last changed date, there's no point to it; but maybe someone wants to know
how much time is that page or that design online, when was the last time the
design or the content changed, etc.

Also, my question was about "standard" meta tags, that could be used perhaps
by the spiders and others. Guess I'd have to make my own tags.

Thanks!
Alvaro Medina G.
alvaromg at vtr.net
Santiago, Chile