[thelist] MYSQL SELECT, UPDATE and INSERT priority

eduardobk at via-rs.net eduardobk at via-rs.net
Tue Feb 24 05:34:17 CST 2004

Hi all.Here's the problem I've got with MySQL:1. Click on a record (through the PHP software I'm developing) to edit it2. Change some fields3. Submit4. When back to the same record (just submit it to save changes) all fields are with old values.5. Press F5 and everything is OK with changed saves.I've found out that UPDATE is occuring after the new SELECT (or SELECT is occuring before UPDATE) so that the old values are still returned.My first idea is to use the values from the from and not from the SELECT (database) after submit. So I'd get the real values.But I'd like to find out some database side solution since this is not good at all :(Thanks in advance,Eduardo Bacchi KienetzSenior Support Analysthttp://www.noticiaslinux.com.br/eduardo/