[thelist] RSS Readers with authentication?

the head lemur headlemur at lemurzone.com
Tue Feb 24 13:34:13 CST 2004

> Does anyone know of RSS readers (for Win/Mac/Linux) that support
> password-protected feeds? This is for an extranet-type use, and it
> seems like a reasonable feature to me :-) but so far nada found...

Why on earth would you want to restrict an RSS feed?
What a weird idea. If the stuff is so precious use VPN.

The whole point behind RSS is announcement. TypePad allows you to set up
private blogs which are password protected, and may be what you are looking
for.

But to futz up a specification whose existance is about publication is a
crazy idea.

the head lemur
blog: http://theheadlemur.typepad.com/
Community: http://www.evolt.org