[thelist] server speed issue - hosted sites loading slowly

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Sat Feb 28 12:00:40 CST 2004

All my sites seem to be loading *real* slow. Server's a 2.4 gig
processor with a gig of RAM, on a 128k DSL line (that's the upload
speed, recently tested) and the drive is nice and clean. But all the
graphics load dog slow. I took one and shrunk the images to unusable
thin-ness, and it didn't seem to have any effect at all.

zamples:

http://psychedelicdaddy.com/
http://spinhead.com/
http://joelthewebguy.com/

Any IIS/Windows gurus have any ideas? (note: the tip "switch to Apache
on Linux" won't be especially helpful at the moment ;)

joel