[thelist] SQL subqueries in mySQL 3.23.54

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Mar 1 21:03:01 CST 2004

After spending a few more minutes on this I don't believe that this can be
done in a single query in MySQL 3.x.  I'll think about it again after a
night's rest, but I'm pretty sure you'll need a temp table or a structure
change.

Here's one possible solution involving a structure change--if you could add
a pair of fields to the primary table, you could maintain a count of the
number of records in the other two tables and make your query very simple.

SELECT * FROM A
WHERE countb > countc

Good night,

Joshua Olson