[thelist] Site review

Seyon evolt at delime.com
Tue Mar 9 07:50:45 CST 2004

Message from John C Bullas (soton.ac.uk relay) (3/9/2004 01:34 PM)
>Colleagues
>
>Please be gentle with me as I am (really) a road surface characteristics
>PhD researcher
>delivering very cheap web solutions to ex-customers as a hobby.... no
>formal training

It shows.

>http://www.rocbinda.com/
>
>Niggles and site wide changes via the CSS would be most appreciated

What value does displaying the visitor's IP address and browser add to the
site? Aside from perhaps making the paranoid uninitiate wonder if you're
spying on them somehow.

>The client appears generally content which is nice

I wouldn't know where to start critiquing this site, but I suppose at the
barest level there does appear to be sufficient content, and the client is
content. Next step is to judge, over time, whether the site fulfils its
objectives, whatever those originally were.

regards.
-marc

--
Carnival 2004 in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/