[thelist] Accessing DOM-created form field values onsubmit

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 15:23:31 CST 2004

--- Andrew Clover <and-evolt at doxdesk.com> wrote:
> Bzzt, should be 'sel_changed_by': it is the 'name' property of a
> form field that determines its name in the submission, not the
'id'.

LOL I can't believe we all missed that! Since the getAttribute() is a
known issue, we kind of overlooked it! I still suggest sticking with
the property setting intead though - it's far less problematic, and
you will run into problems with it.

Cheers!

Tom

=====
http://www.Pixelmech.com/ - read my latest blog posting!
http://www.DMXzone.com/ - JavaScript Author
http://SparklesParties.com - Princess parties for little girls!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ - Eternal Life

"Well, my name's Dewey Oxburger. My friends call me Ox. I dont know if you've noticed, but I got a slight weight problem."