[thelist] Weird CSS rendering in Firefox

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 11 22:20:20 CST 2004

> From: "Rob Day" <rday at tsl.state.tx.us>
[...]
> Specifically, it seems to happen with Firefox 0.8 on Win2K. It also
[...]
> The page is here: http://homepage.mac.com/robday/by/index.html
> The CSS is here: http://homepage.mac.com/robday/by/blueyodel.css

running Firefox 0.8 on Win2k... no problems... looks just fine, just
like it should according to your screen cap...

the CSS validates, but i'm suspicious of the use of HTML comments at
the top/bottom of the file... i'd suggest removing those, even though
i doubt it will affect this...

[...]
> P.S. I'm trying to use CSS to preload the hover images on the nav
> stuff, but it doesn't seem to be working. Any advice?

yeah, try a new approach... you're loading a whole new image on
hover, which means i have to wait patiently for it to come down the
pipe...  if you have to stick with images, play with some other
approaches:
	- make your curly a bg image all the time, but change the bg on the
anchor to white, and transparent on hover (will that even work?)
	- cycle a smaller image as a bg -- no text, just the curlies... let
it still below the text image on hover...
	- make the image have black text on a white bg, and set your curlies
to transparent, then cycle the bg color on hover so it shows through
the curlies -- from white to black...

ok, those are kinda silly, but the point is, the less image cycling
you do, the better off you are...

that help?

--
my latest book project: