[thelist] Apache moved root directory

fstorr fffrancis at fstorr.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 12 02:01:41 CST 2004

Agh - I forgot to mention - I need an .htaccess solution for this. Sorry!

<tip type="styling alt text">
Using CSS' attribute selectors, you can alter the properties of alt
text.  For instance:

#mylogo[alt]
{
font-size:2em;
color:red;
}

In doing this, if the image goes missing, the browser (well, standards
compliant ones), will render the text in large red letters.  This can be
used to style alt text to a site's colour scheme and if used well, can
give a clue to visual hierarchy on the page. It's also good for
highlighting alt text for images that are on dark backgrounds
</tip>