[thelist] Shopping bag vs shopping cart/basket

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Fri Mar 12 04:05:17 CST 2004

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 11:40:06AM +0000, Andy Budd wrote:

> What do people think about breaking the shopping cart/basket convention
> this way and using the term shopping bag, along with an image of a
> shopping bag?

We did something very similar with The Pier's UK website
(http://www.pier.co.uk) and we haven't observed any problems with users at
all.

If anything, because Pier bags are so recognisable in the high street, it
has helped reinforce the brand and make the connection with the
bricks'n'mortar stores, increasing the 'trust' that first time visitors
have.

"Ah, so this is *that* Pier, I saw something in their window that I liked
the other day, wonder if they have it here?"

G.