[thelist] video format choices

Mark Kennedy mark at eurogamer.net
Fri Mar 12 07:06:36 CST 2004

>I was at a Macromedia training day in Brighton yesterday and the new
>video compression stuff they have built in to Flash looks very good, and
>apparently the Flash player has 92% market penetration for player v6 or
>above. That's better than any of the other solutions that are around at
>the moment.

It's also great for steaming audio if you ask me.  Warp Record's 'bleep' website
(http://www.warprecords.com/bleep/) demonstrates an excellent little flash mp3
previewer, although since the mp3s are streamed over http, you can only skip
forward through the part of the file already downloaded.

Regards,

Mark