[thelist] [PHP/Postgres] - postgres errors

Jacques Capesius jacques_capesius at cnt.com
Fri Mar 12 10:17:45 CST 2004

Hi folks,

I'm having problems with a webserver running Apache/PHP/Linux/Postgres.

An install of a certificate didn't go smoothly (to say it nicely) and I was forced to reboot the webserver and restart apache. After much toiling, I was able to get the secure site up and running, but now, on any php page that tries to access the postgreSQL database, one of two things happen.

1) No data is shown
OR..
2) pg_connect throws the following error:
Warning: pg_connect(): Cannot create new link. Too many open links (0).

I tried restarting the postgres service; no dice. I checked the postgres lists, and there was mention of commenting out the line "extension=pgsql.so" in php.ini and moving that line to a new file, /etc/php.d/pgsql.ini or something like that. That didn't work, and I don't know where to go from here.

Of course, before the reboot/restart everything was working just fine.

Help!

thanks in advance for any clues anybody can give.

-jacques :)