[thelist] A better (?) bandwidth monitor for IIS5/6

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Sat Mar 13 13:19:30 CST 2004

Hi list,

I'm currently developing a per site bandwidth tracker for IIS5/6 that
doesn't look at the log files and doesn't add any overhead to page requests.
I feel that such a tool could be very valuable to web masters, if the price
is right.  I've seen some really shoddy implementations of bandwidth
monitors that cost way too much, rely of the log files, or rely of specific
naming conventions for websites... yuck.  I know something better can be
built for a great price.

I'd like to ask the following, specifically:

1.  What features would you like to see in an IIS bandwidth monitor?
2.  Have you seen/used any decent per site bandwidth trackers?  If so, which
ones?
2.  Would anybody like to participate in an offlist survey regarding this
tool?

Thanks.

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer